Maintaining a clean house can get tough, especially if you haven’t decluttered in a while. Nonetheless, living in a clean environment is crucial for a healthy lifestyle. In this guide, we will give you our best tips for keeping your apartment pristine. In case you think you may need a professional hand, check out our apartment cleaning services in Columbus, Ohio.
Cleaning Your Apartment
Let’s start with a step-by-step guide on how you should go about cleaning your apartment, then we’ll get into the maintenance part.
Supplies & Equipment
The first step is always to arrange everything you’re going to need for cleaning. This includes cleaning supplies such as detergents, cleaning mixtures, soaps, sanitizers, etc. Given below is a checklist of things you will need.
- Vacuum cleaner
The prices of cleaning supplies and powerful equipment like HEPA vacuum cleaners can get quite costly. Luckily, if you’re not interested in spending that much on supplies, you can contact Maid For Homes for apartment cleaning services in Columbus, Ohio. Our maids bring all the relevant supplies with them for cleaning jobs without any additional cost.
Start From the Top
It’s a good rule of thumb to start from the top while cleaning. This means you should begin by dusting the ceiling fan or any other furniture you have. Use an extended duster or a broom to get rid of the dust from the ceiling. Similarly, you can use dusters and cleaning mixtures to shine up your furniture. With that done, give your walls a good scrubbing.
Sweep/Vacuum the Floors
Now that all the dust from higher places has accumulated on your apartment floors, you can get to sweeping. In case you don’t have a vacuum cleaner, a broom will do just fine. Another advantage of getting our Columbus, Ohio apartment cleaning services is that our maids bring along with them top-tier HEPA vacuum cleaners. Explore your options at Maid For Homes.
This step mainly consists of sweeping the floors of each room and getting all the dust in one spot. Once that’s done, you can use a dustpan to get rid of it.
Mop the Floors
With all the dust gone, you can use a bucket of water and a mop to ensure spotless floors. It may be a good idea to mix some cleaning supplies with the water and use that for mopping. This will give your floors the extra cleansing touch they’ve been needing.
Clean the Bathroom
The bathroom and kitchen are always the hardest parts of cleaning a house. Pick out your favorite disinfectant and pour it into the toilet. Let it sit for a while and then use a cleaning brush for scrubbing.
The bathroom floors can be cleaned with the same mopping mixture we discussed earlier. Don’t forget to clean your glass shower door and the mirror. Using a homemade vinegar-water mixture for the mirror can give you streak-free results. However, making effective cleaning concoctions may not be your thing. If that’s the case, consider hiring our best apartment cleaners in Columbus, Ohio.
Clean the Kitchen
The kitchen is the most used area in homes – also making it most susceptible to dirt and germs. The first step to cleaning the kitchen is decluttering the countertops. Wash the dishes if there are any in the sink. With that done, use a cleaning mixture to wipe and disinfect the countertop and sink.
You can also take the natural cleaning route by using a 1:1 vinegar-water mixture instead of chemical supplies. This is actually advisable since you may not want chemical residue where you prepare and cook your food.
Over at Maid For Homes, we ensure that our apartment cleaners in Columbus, Ohio address our customer’s cleaning and health concerns both.
Sanitize Your Apartment
With the heavy cleaning done, you’re well on your way to living in a healthy and spotless apartment. As a final step, it may be a good idea to wipe all of your apartment surfaces with a sanitizer. This will eliminate all the remnant germs in your apartment. As a result, you can expect fewer airborne pathogens and diseases – which is great!
Maintaining a Clean Apartment – Tips & Tricks
Maids 2 Mop is home to a team of dedicated experts in the cleaning field. Our apartment cleaners in Columbus, Ohio are not only well trained, but they’ve picked up countless pro cleaning tips over their years of experience. Here are some tips that will help you maintain a clean apartment over time.
- Clean a little daily: Putting off cleaning work can lead to an unhealthy lifestyle very quickly. Moreover, reaching daily cleaning milestones will help you stay motivated and productive.
- Everything in its right place: Make sure that all of your possessions have a space where they belong. Don’t try to wing apartment arrangement and setting as it will always end in clutter and disorganization.
- Always make your bed: Making your bed is a great way to start the day. It will get you in a productive mindset while also improving the condition of your apartment.
- Do laundry regularly: As you pick up the pace with your new cleaning habits, it’s even better to incorporate laundry into your schedule. Pick a day of the week where you have some free time, and make it a ritual to do your laundry periodically.
Why Choose Maid For Homes – Columbus, Ohio Apartment Cleaning
Here’s why you should contact Maid For Homes apartment cleaners in Columbus, Ohio.
- Supplies & equipment: Our cleaners bring with them top-of-the-shelf cleaning supplies and equipment. This will reduce your cleaning costs.
- Trustworthy team: Maid For Homes goes through extensive background checks before hiring new maids. This is how we ensure the safety of our customers and our own reputation.
- Convenient booking: You can visit the Maid For Homes website right now and conveniently book and pay for a cleaning job online.